5 Reasons to use Coconut Oil
For a long time at Transformations Coaching and Hypnotherapy where we use hypnosis and coaching for weight loss and gastric banding have advocated the use of coconut oil. Here are 5 reasons why you should use coconut oil:
- WEIGHT LOSS – Coconut oil has medium chain fatty acids and research has shown that a diet rich in coconut oil helps to reduce the accumulation of fat and protects from insulin resistance. The medium chain fatty acids increase metabolism and this helps to burn off calories and decrease food consumption. Look at adding about 4 teaspoons of coconut oil a day into your diet.
- SOFT SKIN – Research has shown that the topical application of coconut oils to the skin can help with dry skin and dermatitis.
- HEALTHY HAIR – Coconut oil can prevent and help with hair damage. The oil prevents protein loss which is the main cause for hair damage.
- ANTI-FUNGAL – Research has shown that coconut oil has anti-microbial properties and this helps kill the infection-causing fungus candida without causing development of development of drug resistance.
- COOKING – The medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil means that out of all the oils it requires the highest temperature for it to form fatty acids. All vegetable oils form fatty acids at low temperatures with olive oil being the worst.
The properties of coconut oil all come from the fact that it contains medium fatty acids where most other oils contain short or long chain fatty acids. Oils containing medium fatty acids are few and far between with coconut oil and palm oil being the easiest to find.
It makes sense to use coconut oil and the best and cheapest places to get coconut oil are your health food or nutritional outlets.
For more information go to www.transformyou.com.au